Happy Mother's Day to all... We enjoyed a nice and relaxing (though very cold) day playing mini-golf, eating ice cream, and walking down to Storr's Pond. In the last year, Nicholas has gotten MUCH better at mini-golf. He is not only focused on getting the ball in the hole, but he makes a great stop for Doug's and my golf-balls (and seems to improve our scores considerably). Donovan still spends most of his time wandering around in the grass, looking into the water features, and chasing balls.


Doug's "hole in 2", with an assist from Nicholas...

Donovan abandoned our game when he realized that he had but a single ball on the green, and right next door was a putting green with hundreds of balls. He can really move when he's motivated.

Ice cream was "Mothers Eat Free" at the ice-cream parlor next door, and Nicholas really wanted to stop. We couldn't pass that up, so we ate ice cream cones at 44 degrees. Brrr....

Last weekend was beautiful and we went to the season opening of the Billings Farm and Museum in Woodstock, VT.



Nicholas learned how to pet a calf without getting licked.

Donovan loves the farm animals, particularly the cows. He's been running around the house making cow noises for the last several days.
We also took a trip to the Gile Mountain Fire Tower. No pictures from the top of the fire tower... I'm not at all afraid of heights, but it is extraordinarily scary to take Nicholas to the top of the fire tower. (I only feel safe when I have him trapped between me and the guard rail/fencing at the top of the tower. (Mom, I don't think you could go up there with him!))

Looking for salamanders


Doug's "hole in 2", with an assist from Nicholas...

Donovan abandoned our game when he realized that he had but a single ball on the green, and right next door was a putting green with hundreds of balls. He can really move when he's motivated.

Ice cream was "Mothers Eat Free" at the ice-cream parlor next door, and Nicholas really wanted to stop. We couldn't pass that up, so we ate ice cream cones at 44 degrees. Brrr....

Last weekend was beautiful and we went to the season opening of the Billings Farm and Museum in Woodstock, VT.



Nicholas learned how to pet a calf without getting licked.

Donovan loves the farm animals, particularly the cows. He's been running around the house making cow noises for the last several days.
We also took a trip to the Gile Mountain Fire Tower. No pictures from the top of the fire tower... I'm not at all afraid of heights, but it is extraordinarily scary to take Nicholas to the top of the fire tower. (I only feel safe when I have him trapped between me and the guard rail/fencing at the top of the tower. (Mom, I don't think you could go up there with him!))

Looking for salamanders
More pictures from our trip are included in the slideshow below - or can be found by clicking on the album link above.

No comments:
Post a Comment