Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wisconsin - July

I've again been very delayed in putting pictures up on the internet. Traveling is no excuse - especially since that is the reason I've been taking most of our recent pictures. We spent a week in Wisconsin during the middle of July. The boys did a wonderful job traveling across the country, aided in part by the purchase of a new DVD player for the car and some Mickey Mouse, Thomas the Train, and Bob the Builder movies. We also brought along some more educational videos produced by National Geographic, but decided against watching too many of those as it was hard to explain shark and walrus attacks from the front seat.

We made it back to Wisconsin for the Peterson family reunion and were able to see two of Grandma's sisters and one brother, and lots of cousins. Of course there was great food too!

During our trip, we spent some time up at Lake Superior, lots of time at Grandma and Grandpa's, and a bit of time at Ray and Malu's new house. Nicholas particularly loved the "secret pathway" between their house and Grandma and Grandpa's.


Chris and Nicholas heading out to sein the back pond for minnows.


The Donovans on the ferry ride to Madeline Island, outside of Bayfield.




Excavating a spot to bury Sarah.


Donovan was a big help in digging Sarah out... Both he and Nicholas LOVE Sarah!!!










Nicholas was very excited about his "rock house".


Doug and I were extremely impressed with Mom and Dad's and Grandma and Grandpa's garden. When we arrived back to New Hampshire, I harvested all of my beans (14 edible beans) and all of my potatoes (filled one pint cup). None of my cucumbers are going to have fruit and we have two mystery plants that look like zucchini - but I don't think I planted them??? Hopefully we get at least some tomatoes - but I keep finding that the squirrels or chipmunks are harvesting them before they are quite ripe... : (



From Wisconsin July 2010

Finally, it was great to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa almost every day. The boys love going down to their house! For our drive back to New Hampshire, they sent a care package box for each boy (matchbox cars, M&Ms, cookies... and even a sample of mustard for Nicholas). Nicholas guessed that "Great Grandpa must have forgot that I don't care for mustard... Silly Great Grandpa! : )


No comments: