It's been a while since we posted any pictures, so we've included quite a few from Thanksgiving and from the week before that.
We drove down to Philadelphia to spend Thanksgiving with the Van Citters clan. The boys were fantastic travelers! More than that, they really enjoyed spending time with family. Nicholas loves to play with his cousins, and Donovan couldn't have spent more than 1/2 hour crying (over a period of 3 days). He has such a mellow temperment!
Nicholas and Benji playing with Nana and Grandpa's huge beach ball.
The big cousins decorating the cake. I think this is the only picture I have where Nicholas wasn't eating the decorations.

Boys ready for bed.
Peter and Kathleen got each of the four boys a Hawaiian shirt. I never realized how impossible it is to get four kids to look at the camera -- nevermind smile for a picture.

Nicholas' new "favorite" book is "Chugga Chugga Choo Choo". Since we've returned home, Nicholas has been driving his train around the track, repeating some of the lines from the book, including: "Chugga chugga choo choo, Whistle blowing whoo whoo."

One of Nicholas' favorite finds at the playground was an orange construction cone. For those of you who have read "Cars, Trucks, and Things that Go", you probably know that Nicholas loves "Maniac bug" who "knocks over cones". Nicholas was pretending to be "maniac bug" when I took this picture of him inside the cone.

And, finally, Donovan slept through most of the playground visit.

Now, from the week before Thanksgiving.
Now, from the week before Thanksgiving.
We finally caught it on film. Donovan's smiling!!!
Doug's parents spent the weekend before Thanksgiving with us. I think that Donovan may have made Grandpa's day when he gave him a huge smile as soon as I brought him downstairs. And, now - at 8 weeks old - he's laughing. Donovan continues to be a great sleeper, happy when he's awake, and more and more interested in his surroundings.
1 comment:
Arica,
Kathleen left your blog open, and I looked at all your pictures. They are great. Thanks for letting me peek.
However, the real reason for my comment is picture "The big cousins decorate a cake." The one in the middle, I assume Nathan, just reminded me of Doug. Think it is looks, but it might have been the can-do attitude.
Happy New Year,
Love,
Kathleen Miranda
Post a Comment