Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wisconsin

The boys and I took a brief trip to Wisconsin. We had a really nice time visiting with Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Donovan, Chris, and Uncle Dennis and Katie.

We spent a bit of time down in Seeley at the log yard. I helped Donovan peel a log for Ray and Malu's house and realized it has been a LONG time since I've done any of that type of work... But, their house is coming along really nicely and the log work should be done soon.

We took one trip up to the Sioux River near Washburn, WI to watch the steelhead swim over the "big rock". I've never seen so many fish in the river. It was great to watch them head upstream. On our way back home, Nicholas "met" his first bullfrog. He didn't like it much in the car, but thought it was pretty cool when he could see it in the light. He also went hunting for nightcrawlers and caught one, plus a slug! : )

We had a great trip and are looking forward to our next trip home.



Riding the deer...

Smoothie face!



Donovan continues to love to feel hair and really loved to touch Great Grandpa's.



Driving the tractor with Great Grandpa... a highlight of the trip!




The bullfrog. Notice the matching expressions on Nicholas' face and the bullfrogs...

Nightcrawler and slug.







No comments: