Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bike riding...and other exciting things...

Today marked an important first for Donovan, and Lily. Donovan learned to ride a bike without training wheels, and Lily figured out how to ride her tricycle. I have a video of Donovan and Lily riding their bikes that should be available if you click here for Lily and here for Donovan.
 Lily, Donovan, and Nicholas at the end of our driveway.
 Lily doing it by herself.
 The weather has been in the 60s for the last few days and we are rapidly losing our snow. The boys thought it was warm enough to bring out the squirt guns today. I envision that I will be doing a lot of laundry this spring.
 Even the snakes were out sunning themselves today. Donovan spotted this one down by the river.
 Now that the snow is almost gone, the kids love to go down to the river and throw logs and rocks into the water. Soon the water level will subside, but it is a lot of fun when the water is going so fast. 
 Lily
 Nicholas
 
Aricca and Lily

 Finally, this past week, Donovan had kindergarten registration. It was set up with six stations (fine motor skills, gross motor skills, numbers, letters/shapes, speech, and a self-portrait). Donovan is really excited for kindergarten and he took all of this very seriously. The woman at the gross motor skills station said that she hasn't seen any other incoming kindergartener have such focus (Donovan was working on catching and bouncing a ball). I particularly loved Donovan's self-portrait.
Lily came with, and introduced herself to everyone in the following way. "Hi, I'm Lily, and I'm three, and I like princesses." She too made a self-portrait... I can't even begin to imagine what she'll be like when she is ready to enter kindergarten.

No comments: